This is a mild, unscented calendula soap bar that’s gentle enough to use on almost everyone from babies to grandmothers.
This is a Cold Process Soap recipe. All measurements are by weight. You must have an accurate digital scale to make soap.
Calendula Soap Recipe
- 21 oz (595 g) olive oil (use part calendula infused oil)
- 14 oz (397 g) coconut oil
- 5 oz (142 g) sunflower oil
- 2 oz (57 g) castor oil
- 13 oz (369 g) of cold calendula infused water (tea)
- 5.98 oz (170 g) of sodium hydroxide (lye)
At trace: add up to one additional tablespoon of calendula infused oil.
This recipe is sized to fit my four pound homemade wooden molds. The inner dimensions are: 15 inches long, 3.5 inches wide and 2 inches tall.
If you’ve never made soap before, be sure to thoroughly research the process and precautions before proceeding.
LEARN TO USE HERBS & FLOWERS IN SOAP
Subscribe to Soap Tip Tuesdays and I’ll send you my quick start guide to Using Herbs & Flowers In Soap. Each Tuesday, you’ll receive one of my best natural soapmaking tips, recipes, or printables.
- Discover 21 of the top herbs and flowers for making handmade natural soap
- How to make nourshing oil and tea infusions
- Benefits & final color that each herb gives soap