These pretty spring flower foot scrub bars are simple to make and require just three ingredients.
- 1/4 cup sea salt
- 1/4 cup fresh flower petals or herbs (loosely packed)
- 2 Tbsp coconut oil
Use them to polish and prepare your feet for sandal weather!
How to Make the Floral Salts
- Grind the sea salt and flowers together in a coffee grinder.
- Spread the colored salt onto a sheet of wax paper.
- Air dry overnight.
The salt helps to rapidly dry the fresh petals, preserving the bright colors for several months.
For sensitive skin, try using granulated sugar instead of salt.
Blend just one flower or herb type at a time, to keep the colors true.
- dandelions = yellow
- violets or pansies = blue or purple-blue
- dianthus = pink
- lemon balm or pansy leaves = green
How to Make the Spring Flower Foot Scrub Bars
- Melt the coconut oil.
- Stir in the dried floral salt.
- Spoon the mixture into mini ice tray molds.
- Freeze for 30 minutes, or until solid.
- Store in a cool spot or your refrigerator.
(If allergic to coconut oil, try babassu oil instead. A soft butter like avocado, shea or mango may also work.)
How to Use Foot Scrub Bars
Use one or two bars during bath time to scrub the bottom of your feet. The salts will dissolve into the bathwater after their exfoliating job is done, while the coconut oil stays behind to seal in moisture, leaving your skin soft and smooth.
Be careful exiting the tub since the oil can make the floor slippery.
More Spring Flower & Herb Projects to Explore
- 12 Things to Make with Dandelion Flowers
- Elderflower & Rosehip Salve
- 10 Things to Make with Violets
- Forsythia Soap Recipe
- 12 Things to Do with Lemon Balm
- Soothing Chamomile Lip Balm
You may also enjoy learning how to make beautiful 100% natural bath bombs and bath soaks, using herbs, flowers and essential oils.