This soap recipe was inspired by a trip to my local apple orchard on a beautiful fall day.
It features freshly pressed apple cider (unsweetened apple juice could work well too), along with the subtle warm spicy scent of essential oils.
While the scent of the apple cider won’t make it through to the final soap, try using essential oil option 2 (below) to regain a hint of fruitiness in the finished soap.
Some links on this site are affiliate links. I only recommend products that I’ve personally purchased and like. Thanks for your support! :)
Apple Cider Soap
Liquid & Lye Portion:
- 4.16 oz (118 g) lye (6% superfat) (I used THIS KIND)
- 9 oz (255 g) COLD apple cider (or half water/half apple cider)
- 15 oz (425 g) olive oil (50%)
- 8 oz (227 g) coconut oil (26%)
- 2 oz (57 g) castor oil (7%)
- 2 oz (57 g) mango (or shea or cocoa) butter (7%)
- 3 oz (85 g) sunflower, sweet almond, or avocado oil (10%)
Essential Oil Options:
- Option 1 (Simple Spice) – 5 g (1.5 tsp) cinnamon + 5 g (1.5 tsp) clove essential oils
- Option 2 (Fruity Spice) – 5 g cinnamon + 5 g clove + 3 to 5 g (1 to 1.5 tsp) folded orange + 4 g (1.5 tsp) patchouli essential oils
If you’ve never made soap before, be sure to thoroughly research the process and precautions before trying this recipe.
Want to see how apple cider soap is made? Check out this wonderful video from The Soap Throne!
This recipe perfectly fills a Crafter’s Choice regular loaf mold. (See the Amazon widget below for the exact one I use.)
You may also enjoy my Natural Soap Making Ebook Collection – it includes:
- Natural Soap Making Ebook
- Natural Shampoo Bars Ebook
- All-Natural Milk Soaps Ebook
- Printable Soap Additives Chart
- Printable Essential Oils for Soapmaking
- Soapmaking Checklist to Keep You Organized
- Helpful List of Soap Supplies Resources
- Reference List of Soapmaking Abbreviations
- and more!
If you enjoyed this Apple Cider Soap recipe, be sure to sign up for my newsletter HERE to get my best herbal projects, soap ideas, and DIY body care recipes sent straight to your inbox, once per month. (No spam ever, unsubscribe at any time.)