This fall favorite soap is made with real pumpkin puree and features a spiced layer that’s deliciously scented with coffee, cinnamon and clove essential oils, and highlighted by two contrasting pencil lines made of cocoa powder.
It’s a brand new addition to my Soapmaking Success e-course, but was so well received by local friends and perfect for the season, that I had to share here on my website too!
Since it’s part of the course, I’ve included the accompanying recipe printable (further down in this post).
Pumpkin Soap with Spiced Latte Layer Ingredients:
- 4.19 oz (119 g) lye (sodium hydroxide)
- 7 oz (198 g) distilled water
Oils & Butters
- 16 oz (454 g) olive oil (53%)
- 8 oz (227 g) coconut oil (27%)
- 3 oz (85 g) sunflower oil (10%)
- 3 oz (85 g) unrefined cocoa butter (10%)
Extras & Add-Ins
- 2 oz (57 g) pumpkin puree (added to warmed oils)
- 1⁄4 tsp cocoa powder (for spice layer)
- 2 g cinnamon essential oil
- 2 g clove essential oil
- 5 g coffee essential oil (coffee absolute)
- additional cocoa powder for making pencil lines
Notes & Tips:
Make the lye solution and set aside to cool. Melt the coconut oil and cocoa butter, then add to the liquid oils. Blend the pumpkin puree directly into the warmed oils until completely incorporated, then add the lye solution. Blend to a very light trace.
Weigh around 10 oz (283 g) of soap batter into a separate container and set aside. Pour half of the remaining plain pumpkin soap batter into the soap mold and then sift a very fine layer of cocoa powder over the top.
Take the 10 oz of reserved soap batter and add the 1⁄4 tsp cocoa powder and essential oils. Blend just until mixed. (*Important Note: The essential oils will make this portion of the soap thicken extra quickly, so don’t overblend.)
Carefully spoon this spiced layer into the mold and smooth the surface with a spatula. Sift another fine layer of cocoa powder over this layer, then pour the remaining soap into the mold.
Soap mold used is a regular Crafter’s Choice Silicone Mold (find here). Mesh teaspoon used for sifting on cocoa powder lines was purchased HERE from Mountain Rose Herbs.
You may also enjoy my Natural Soap Making Ebook Collection – it includes:
- Natural Soap Making Ebook
- Natural Shampoo Bars Ebook
- All-Natural Milk Soaps Ebook
- Printable Soap Additives Chart
- Printable Essential Oils for Soapmaking
- Soapmaking Checklist to Keep You Organized
- Helpful List of Soap Supplies Resources
- Reference List of Soapmaking Abbreviations
- and more!