Sweet Dreams Magnesium Spray
This bedtime magnesium spray combines the power of relaxing essential oils and magnesium to help calm and soothe your mind and body for sleep.
Today I’m excited to a share a recipe from my friend Christina’s awesome new book, Essential Oils for Soothing Anxiety: Remedies and Rituals to Feel Calm and Refreshed.
If you or one of your loved ones struggle with anxiety, tension, or stress, I think you’ll find this book has some amazingly helpful ideas.
Some of the recipes that especially intrigued me at first look include:
- Island Getaway Hydrating Bath Bombs
- Detoxifying Charcoal Face Mask
- Don’t Worry Be Happy Lip Balm
- Take a Chill Pillow Spray
- Panic Stopper Aromatherapy Inhaler
- Calm Your Squirrel Diffuser Blend
- and so many more!
Some links on this site are affiliate links; I only recommend products I personally use and enjoy. As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
The following excerpt is shared with permission from Essential Oils for Soothing Anxiety: Remedies and Rituals to Feel Calm and Refreshed, by Christina Anthis, published by Rockridge Press. Copyright © 2020 by Callisto Media. All rights reserved.
Sweet Dreams Magnesium Massage Spray
This spray is helpful for insomnia, muscle pain, restless leg syndrome, restless mind, and tension. It’s safe for ages 2+ (use half the amount of essential oils for children 2 to 4 years of age.)
Magnesium deficiency is extremely common and can cause various symptoms, including migraines, anxiety, mood swings, insomnia, and muscle spasms. This bedtime magnesium spray combines the power of relaxing essential oils and magnesium to help calm and soothe your mind and body for sleep.
- 1 tablespoon fractionated coconut oil
- 1 teaspoon vegetable glycerin
- 30 drops lavender essential oil
- 20 drops sweet orange essential oil
- 10 drops sweet marjoram essential oil
- 5 drops Atlas cedarwood essential oil
- Magnesium oil, to fill
- (optional – I also added 1/2 tsp Olivem 300)
Directions to Make:
- In a 4-ounce spray bottle, combine the fractionated coconut oil, vegetable glycerin, and the lavender, sweet orange, sweet marjoram, and Atlas cedarwood essential oils. (I also added 1/2 teaspoon Olivem 300 as a solubilizer.) Gently swirl the bottle to mix.
- Add magnesium oil to fill the bottle.
- Cover the bottle and label and date your creation.
- Shake well before use.
Note: If you are new to using a magnesium spray, your skin may begin to itch at first. If that occurs, dilute the recipe with 2 tablespoons distilled water before adding the magnesium oil. You can use the recipe at regular strength when it’s time to refill your bottle.
Helpful hint: You can use store-bought magnesium oil or easily make it yourself. To make your own magnesium oil, mix ½ cup magnesium flakes (magnesium chloride, not Epsom salt) with 3 tablespoons boiling water and stir until completely dissolved.
Magnesium Oil Bedtime Massage:
Do this before bed:
- Shake the Sweet Dreams Magnesium Massage Spray well before use and spray it onto your arms, legs, and feet.
- Using a circular motion, gently massage the magnesium oil into your skin.
If you enjoyed this DIY project, let’s keep in touch!
Sign up for my newsletter to receive my latest flower and herb projects, body care recipes & natural soap making ideas sent straight to your inbox about once per month. No spam ever, unsubscribe at any time.